Welcome to MooreFamilyWeb.com!
May God’s love surround you in this
2011 Christmas season.
may you and yours be surrounded with peace, hope, joy, and
Cassie) It may seem a weird thing to say (it is for
me) but my mom is getting MARRIED!! She has known Ron for a
couple years now. The friendship turned to love this fall and
the wedding is in spring 2012. I’ve never seen her happier
But… I’ve also never seen her busier. She actually doesn’t return my phone call within the hour anymore. I'm so happy for her.
OH! Marianne has loved living in Colorado for more than a year now. She’s been working as a nanny for three children most of that time. She became a certified scuba diver this year on her Bonaire vacation with Cassie and also got to come home for a family reunion in Indiana.
But… She spent her first Thanksgiving away from home!
OH! Matthew ended his senior year with his show choir, The Classics, winning National Champions. He won best male soloist there as well - which was a huge honor. He is now loving Belmont and is an official Phi Delta Theta. After a fun semester of music classes and pledging and studying (ahem!), he has plans for a Christmas at home.
But… A few months in Nashville and he thinks that it’s FREEZING when the temperature drops below 30.
OH! Andrew is a freshman in high school. He joined the novice play and really loved being “Hollywood Agent”. He is also now a member of The Classics, who will host the fame national championship in Chicago this spring. He can’t seem to stop writing music, but he is his own worst critic. It is a quiet house with the other kids gone but Andrew more than makes up for that with the dinner music, watching-TV music and general doesn’t-stop-playing music
But… Yeah. He plays a lot.
OH! Cassie received tenure at Waubonsee Community College and is now an Assistant professor in Sign Language and Interpreter training. She took Marianne to Bonaire this year and it was some great Mommy/ daughter/ Grandma time. She was so busy grading this year, she didn’t care to put up the tree and didn’t even do the “straightening of the branches” once Kirk did put it up. Give that girl a glass of wine.
But… No, not TWO glasses.
OH! Kirk has served as the pastor of Union Congregational UCC in Somonauk for 5 years now . . . and is currently seeking a next call, as the church has transitioned to having a part-time pastor. Oh the joy of financial difficulties! He’s also continued to write, (Faith Practices and Interlinc) sing, (check out the YouTube videos) and even teach guitar. (kirkmoorewillteachyouguitar.com)
But… Trusting in God’s timing and impatience don’t go well together.
- PEACE . . . HOPE . . . JOY . . . LOVE
Send us an email-
- Kirk - Prouddog@aol.com
- Cassie -- Cassign@aol.com
- We've gone almost exclusively digital this year -- but you can still print out a paper version of this year's letter
- What kind of difference does a year make? Here's our 2010 Christmas letter
- Two years? Here's our 2009 Christmas letter
- A year before that? Here's our 2008 Christmas letter
- Perhaps a little more? Here's our 2007 Christmas letter
- Not Enough? Here's our 2006 Christmas letter
- Further back? How about our 2005 Christmas Letter!
- Way way back? Maybe our 2004 Christmas Letter!
- What are you thinking? Here's our 2003 Christmas Letter!
- The way way way back machine? 2002? 2001? 2000?
- Marrs, Caruso, and Moore Christmas 2011
- Christmas with the Coburns 2011
- Florida 2011
- Domain names are so expensive! Here's a place to get them for less